Try them out on YOUR goal this week. And then share them with your team when the opportunity presents itself. Create your own list of 20 killer questions.
- What will things look like in a year if everything goes as planned?
- What are the consequences of not changing?
- Why is this change important?
- What do you already know about this approach?
- How does this change affect the other aspects of the organization?
- What other assumptions could also be valid?
- What generalizations have you made?
- Why is this situation occurring?
- What are the pros and cons of your approach?
- How is this similar to or different from the way you have approached this in the past?
- Are you seeing the goal as would your peers, employees, customers and managers?
- What would you do if time was not an issue?
- What if you cleared your calendar today?
- What if you are talking to the wrong people?
- What if you partnered with someone? Who would he or she be?
- What if you need to create a support structure, how might you do this?
- What if you asked for exactly what you want?
- What if you are barking up the wrong tree?
- What if the answer is right in front of you?
- What can you do to expand your thinking?
- Bonus: What would your alter-ego do if she had no fears or apprehensions?
Great coaching is more about questions than answers (that would be advice)